Sunday, February 1, 2009

New workout... new me

So today was good. Although I woke up in an insanely awful mood I managed to get a great workout in.

food....:
Slim fast shake 200
Tequila Lime Chicken Soup from select harvest 140
apple 60
turkey sandwich 205
cornbread... only a bit lol 75
cheerios with milk 150
total: 830

The workout I did today is the "lose ten pounds this month" workout in the Shape magazine. It was pretty exciting. John keeps telling me I need to do things to challenge my body soooo there ya go. Also I have read that long cardio workouts aren't necessarily the best when it comes to losing weight. You have to do quick bursts and or challenge your body in new ways. So today I did 4 rounds of this Shape magazine exercise and I also did stair sprints with my roommate. Basically I live in an apartment complex and we jogged around it and sprinted up 3 flights of stairs on several buildings... next time I do it I will have to count how many buildings we sprint, but today I just forgot. Anyways.. My calorie intake today was fairly low and that kinda concerns me. I don't want to be unhealthy, but I feel satisfied. I'm really excited to start seeing some results for my hard work. I read on a bodybuilding.com transformation today that trying isn't enough... I have been "trying" for a long long time now and if I was really putting in a sufficient amount of effort, I really wouldn't have to still be "trying" to lose weight.

I get to see John in ten days... WOW I can hardly believe it. It feels like it has been forever and I'm soooo excited. One really cool thing about living in different cities right now is that it motivates both of us to work really hard towards our fitness goals and surprise each other when we finally do see each other. He has been working out really hard to gain weight and I have been working hard (though not hard enough) to lose weight. I have had a bad week this past week and I could be a lot farther along in my goal had I not slipped up so I will not "try" I will get on track and show myself how strong I am. I will finally stop sabotaging my results by convincing myself that it's OK to snack here and there. This is the beginning to the new me. I honestly think that I am scared to change. I think in a weird kind of way I am comfortable in my less than satisfactory body. Does anyone else feel that way? Like you want to reach your goal... but it scares you too? HA maybe I'm crazy!! Oh well I will move past this weird hang up I have and put my effort into becoming the person I have always wanted to be. ... GO ME!!

1 comment:

  1. that's so fun that you 2 get to surprise each other! sometimes i think how fun it might be if matt and i were ever away to change drastically to shook him, but i can't stand to be away!

    ReplyDelete